Thursday, January 15, 2015

Sing Your Art Out!




 So how is your new year going so far? Mine is going fairly well. Our son has had a job offer and several other contacts for possible employment-YAY! Hubby's great uncle and his great aunt (whom I had been doing some errands and caregiving for) seem to be doing pretty well. Thank you all for your thoughtful comments and wishes the last few weeks-I've tried to keep up but not quite so successfully. Know that I SO appreciate  your words nonetheless!

 In the beginning of the year I signed up for a free online series of podcasts titled "Thriving Artist Summit". Every  day there have been two to three experts ( shop owners, gallery owners, writers, artists, coaches, agents, publishers, etc.) with helpful information about goals, plans, organizing, prioritizing, taking action, the best tools and ways to reach people, licensing, showing, etc. etc. Each podcast is about a hour long and although I have not listened to every single one they have been so very informative! I have been taking notes and have seen common threads spoken by most. If that's all I take away from it that means so much! One of the speakers Samantha Bennett suggested making a sign for yourself-literally-not just thinking it. And so it inspired the above journal page. That, along with the movie "Big Eyes" which I so want to see! Unfortunately it was only in one theater in our area and it may already be gone:(  Rest assured I will see it eventually!

 Linking to Art Journal Every Day, Express Your Creativity, Inspiration Avenue, Mix It Monthly, and Paint Party Friday.

  I also began working on some cards for upcoming birthdays and this is one:



 Products: ivory card stock; patterned card stock (the natural matstock-DCWV); die cut tag (K & Company); rubber stamp (Hero Arts); Versafine Onyx Black ink (Tsukineko); button; cotton thread; Grand Calibur die cut machine and Standard Circles Lg dies (Spellbinders).

 The composition was inspired by sketch #169 designed by Jen T at Freshly Made Sketches. I am also linking to the Simon Wed. Challenge Blog (theme is - "It's a Guy Thing" ).

 And speaking of guys- wishing my dear sweet hubby a very happy  birthday on Saturday!! We will be having dinner with a small group of close friends and I'm taking a homemade marble cheesecake with chocolate crumb crust with a chocolate  raspberry liquor swirl and sauce . Wish me luck as I haven't baked a cheesecake in ages! (good thing to have bakeries close by just in case:)

                                          Wishing everyone a great weekend!

     " Art is like singing. Some do it better than others but everyone can and should be doing it for  their soul."     Barbara Mason

38 comments:

  1. Love your painting and the fab card Linda!
    Happy weekend to you!
    xoxoxo
    Susi

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds like a really interesting and useful series of podcasts.Congrats to your son in the job offer and happy birthday to your husband for Saturday! Love your motivational sign -I'm dying to see big eyes too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear your year is starting out well...especially for your son!! A mother is only as happy as her least happy child....so true!! I feel good things are coming his way and yours too!! Yes the world needs your art!! Good for you soaking up new knowledge...I do hope you share the most profound bits!! Have a wonderful weekend...and best of luck to your son, and Happy Birthday to your man! Hook him up to the Old Crow Medicine show music and see if he likes them!! We do and the kids hit up their concert in October!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet and positive piece of art, Linda! Sounds like you are off to a roaring start for the new year. Happy birthday to your dh and happy PPF to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card and painting! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad for you to hear all went well! You sweet girl catches my eyes and I so love her kind expression and her message, YAY! ♥ Conny
    Piaroms Art Journaling

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda. Love your little girl. Fab card too. Happy Birthday to your hubby. Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The world needs your art indeed! Never forget that. She's really cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats to your son!

    Your Big Eye girl is so cute, and I agree with her sign :)

    Happy Birthday to your husband, that cheesecake sounds absolutely delicious!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like the year is going with a bang for you. Hope it will continue. And wonderful to see your art. Just like the world I need to see it too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful post! Have you ever listened to "Artists Helping Artists"? It is a wealth of information - they air once a week on Thursdays, and you can go back and listen to all of the old ones that interest you. They interview artists, and have shows concerning all things art, from marketing to keeping motivated. It is a great show to listen to while painting :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your art journal page! And your masculine card is fantastic. The houndstooth just says masculine and the white space behind the image makes it stand out! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your beautiful little girl with her wonderful reminder for all of us. I am so glad that things are going well for your son. I hope he finds a job that will make him really happy. Thank you for sharing each week. I always enjoy visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very nice this painting! I am glad that the new year will go well!

    ReplyDelete
  15. beautiful card, glad the year is looking good for you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think your lady says it all. I love seeing what you put up each week. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  17. NIce painting, lovely card. Thanks for linking. Great to hear that things are going well.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great sign! Cute as a button ♥ ...I want to watch that movie too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh she is too cute! Congratulations on your son's job offer and hooray for learning new things!

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a cutie

    Happy you dropped in at my blog

    Have a nice weekend

    Much love...

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the Barbara Mason quote. Happy birthday to your hubby! That cheesecake sounds delicious... how did it turn out?

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Linda! I just love your cute little girl, the background is awesome too!! Happy Birthday to hubby, enjoy celebrating. The cake sounds soooo good, I am bad with cakes, plain box ones are all I can do if I'm lucky. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congrats to your son in the job offer and happy birthday to your husband! Love your motivational sign and art work!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your big eyed girl and her special message.

    Great news about your son and your relatives.....

    and a very happy birthday to your husband and good luck with the cheesecake!!!

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love your painting - wonderful message for us all! Lovely card. So glad everything is better for you. May 2015 be filled with creativity and love.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable and always great creations! I need some your motivation!

    Happy Weekend to you,
    artmusedog and carol

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely painting and art, very sweet! Happy to hear all goes well your way!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Your girl has the right idea, I like her confidence and I like your colour-blocked painting very much. This would be a great card to have showing in your art area.
    Glad you have such good news about your family.

    ReplyDelete
  29. She is so cute! Yes, the world does need your art. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Yes, the world does need your art! I love the quote in your written post as well. Thank you for sharing your piece this week with us at Inspiration Avenue. I must remember that I sing and make art mostly for my own soul!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Good to know that good things turn up for you and your family! Hope you had a wonderful birthday with you husband and friends! Did the cake taste? :D I'm sure it did!
    Hugs and well wishes
    Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  32. What a sweet painting, just so darned cute! Seems like an excellent series. Very nice card and happy birthday wishes to your husband...

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is a cute artsy girl!
    I'm happy for your son. Too many people are desperately seeking for work...
    Have a good week ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Very nice card! Thanks so much for playing along with the It's A Guy Thing Challenge on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  35. So Sweet Linda! LOVE the sweeeet quote!
    Great to be visiting again :)
    Hope you year has started GREAT!
    Best Wishes :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comments; it's a pleasure to connect with you!